- Design, piece, quilt and complete 20 brand new quilts in my major series.
- Complete the 17 major pieces started prior to 2007 that are still unfinished: Structures #47, Structures #48, Structures #49, Structures #50, Structures #65, Markings #4, Markings #5, Markings #6, Markings #7, Markings #8, Markings #9, Markings #10, Markings #14, Keys #1, Keys #2, Circles #1, Circles #2.
- Design and piece 5-10 new pieces during 2 week workshop with Nancy Crow. I will quilt these pieces in 2008.
- Complete 10 smaller pieces with hand quilting/beading including quilts in progress: Squares #5, Chicken Quartet #2 and Spirals #1.
- Complete 6 new drawings from the Plains series.
- Get back to sketching and do the exercises in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.
- Continue to play with oil and watercolor paints on occasion.
- Continue to use my sketchbook for art ideas, plans, goals, etc on a regular basis.
- Work in the studio 20 hours a week.
Art Business Goals:
- Secure 3 new solo shows for 2008 and beyond.
- Send out 2-4 show proposals per month.
- Limit my juried show entries to at most 5 high quality national shows. I will not pay to enter any more juried shows that are for quilts only (with the exception of Quilt National and maybe Sedgwick).
- Buy a new computer. Last year this was a nice to have. This year it is a must have as my hard drive is going bad.
- Find money to pay for new computer and 2 week workshop. Preferably via some art related activity.
- Create detailed budget for art business instead of just watching the numbers add up.
- Keep business finances up to date instead of waiting until tax time to deal with them. Enter data into spreadsheet at least 4 times a year.
- Continue blogging about my art.
- Redo the categories for my blog so they are actually useful.
- Update website. While I’m not planning a major rewrite it needs some serious work to bring it up to date.
- Update listing/news on main website 3 times this year.
- Start an online Studio Newsletter with 3 issues in 2007.
- Create email mailing list for newsletter.
- Update my snail-mail mailing list 4 times this year. Add publications to mailing list.
- Inventory my artwork in a database vs. a spreadsheet.
- Put together detailed schedule for meeting 2007 goals.
- Work on art business 5 hours a week.
Last year I wrote this about my goals as I aimed to double my art output from 2005:
I think my goals are pretty darn aggressive and with little vacation time from work I’m not sure how realistic they are. But I’d rather aim high and miss than aim low and not challenge myself.
This year I’m looking to almost double again what I tried to do in 2006. So I think the same comment applies. I rose to the challenge last year and I am hoping to achieve my goals this year by doing a better job at this daily goal:
Spend significantly less time on the computer while at home.
And with that note it’s back to the studio to design some new work.