©2011 Lisa Call
12 x 12″
Textile Painting (Fabric hand dyed by the artist, cotton batting, cotton thread)
Mounted on stretched canvas, finished size 12×12″
There is a new social network in town: Google+. The computer science geek in me couldn’t resist, so I jumped on board quickly.
It’s much too early to tell where Google+ will go and how it will change the game with facebook and twitter, but when it started I was overwhelmed.
Things are now a bit more manageable. The trick was defining, for myself, how I was going to use the new tool.
I’ve decided, that for now, Google+ will be used for public posts only. Like I do on twitter, with the huge advantage of having inline photos. I’m sure this will change over time, but for now, my posts on Google+ will be professional artist behaving like a professional artist type posts.
If you aren’t following me on social media and would like to – the link are always in my website header and are also noted below:
- Google+: images of my art, thoughts on being an artist, some thoughts on marketing art.
- Facebook – profile: the most personal glimpse into my life, garden photos, chatting about shakespeare, kids, life, etc. With some art thrown in.
- Facebook – page: images of my art, thoughts on being an artist, images of work in progress (this is about the only place I post these types of photos), a bit like google+ but more informal at the moment.
- Twitter: both personal and professional art stuff combined.
- Linkedin: I never login, pondering why I have it. The computer professional in me stops me from deleting it.
In addition to all that yacky yacking on social media, I send out a studio newsletter once a month. It’s full of my latest news, images of new artwork and each month I share the artwork of an artist who’s artwork I admire, so it’s a chance for you to learn about new artists you might enjoy.
It’s a nice way to keep up with my art without having to check my blog every couple of days.
You can read today’s newsletter here: Lisa Call’s July Studio Newsletter
And subscribe here.
Finally, the last of the 9 new 12×12 textile paintings that are part of my exhibit at the 1st Bank Center.
Green, in honor of all the green here in Denver, after a few weeks on monsoon rains.
Structures #128 is for sale and will be shipped October 4, 2011, after the exhibit it over.
If you’d like to reserve it, by putting down a deposit (vs. paying the full price up front) please email me and we can arrange that. We can also arrange a payment schedule, dividing the $475 over 3 to 5 months (for payments as low as $95 a month).
As with all of the 12×12″ pieces in this grouping, it is mounted, with invisible stitches, onto a stretched canvas and is ready to hang with the wire on the back.