ACC Balitmore – Booth Set Up – Day 2

by Lisa Call on February 19, 2013

in News

It was a long day and a lot more work than I anticipated but my booth is set up and I’m ready for the wholesale buyers – who will hopefully be arriving in droves at 10am tomorrow.

Stories are better with pictures so here’s another photo documentary of my day:

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
This is the view from my hotel room.

Just a few months too early for a free game.

Prepping the Retail Only Side of the House

I’m exhibiting in the wholesale/retail section – but their are a huge number of artists that come for only the retail days. They will occupy this space – the union is busy marking off the booths with masking tape and getting ready for their move in on thursday night.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
The state of the wholesale booths.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
My booth is the one with all the boxes in the aisle.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
This is what my booth looked like in the morning – stacks of art.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
I spent a lot of time hanging art on the wall but still had piles on the table

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
So it was time for groceries
I walked a mile and a quarter in the rain to get some food for the rest of trip. I want healthy so I have the energy to yammer about my art for 5 days.

Walking to whole foods was easy, walking back with 2 heavy grocery bags was a little more exhausting. But I was smart and stopped to get a crab cake at Mo’s on the way back so it was all worth it.

My third crab cake of the trip and the best so far – I thought it was better than the one from Faidley’s yesterday and by far better than the one from my hotel room service.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
Someone needs to clean up this mess

View from my hotel at 5:30pm

I had to take a short break to hold a live Q&A session for my online workshops so I ran back to the hotel room for the call. This was my view during that phone call. It was gorgeous and this picture doesn’t even come close to doing it justice.

Ta Da – Done

Around 8pm I finished the set up. I’m pretty pleased for my first time effort.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
Now you will get to see the booth from every angle.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
Lines lined up on the table.

Upscale and Handmade for less than $100

The signs in the lower left say this. I qualify for both. Wonder how many artists have work over $5000 but also work under $100?

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
You’ll notice some art is missing – I better get to sewing so it’s done by tomorrow

The lump of very ugly electrical cords at the top of this wall is a problem that I need a better solution for in the future. It looks horrible and it’s not really very secure.

ACC Baltimore - Booth Set Up - Day 2 ©Lisa Call
Tomorrow I’ll be hanging out in the chair talking wholesale with buyers

And now it’s time for the hot tub. And then to finish my studio newsletter. Oh – and review student work. And yes – finish the artwork that is missing.

But first – the hot tub. We gotta have priorities!

Susan Purney Mark February 19, 2013 at 7:24 pm

The booth looks awesome, best of luck with the event! Looking forward to the daily reports…..

michelle February 19, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Looks GREAT! Have fun tomorrow!

Carola February 19, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Your booth looks fabulous, Lisa – as does all your art in it. It also looks very well thought through (is that an English word) and organized. I am sure it will attract just the right buyers for you! Have fun and lots of success!

Ellen Lindner February 19, 2013 at 9:35 pm

The booth looks great, Lisa. The strategically placed red quilt really gets noticed.

GEE, you’ve got a lot of energy! Good luck with your event.

Gregory February 19, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Looks fabulous Lisa — your art could hang on a piece of plywood and still make the room amazing! Stitching at night after the show!! How the h-e-double hockey sticks would you have the energy to do that! OMG!

Candy from Candied Fabrics February 19, 2013 at 10:43 pm

This looks FABULOUS! Enjoy the show!!!!!

Rebecca February 20, 2013 at 7:17 am

Wow, Lisa, your booth looks amazing, congratulations! Good luck tomorrow, I know your art is going to get lots of attention!

I agree with Gregory, how do you have the energy to sew at night after the show??? I’ve done those shows and they are mega exhausting. Take care of yourself!

Cheryl lynch February 20, 2013 at 8:57 am

You have been one busy girl! It looks fabulous and I will be thinking of you today and hoping that all the work you have done makes you buckets of money.

cynthia February 20, 2013 at 10:28 am

Looks great – hope you sell lots!

Vivien Zepf February 20, 2013 at 11:04 am

Looks great, Lisa! I’m looking forward to hearing about the success of this venture.

Jenny Schu February 20, 2013 at 11:10 am

Your booth looks wonderful and looks exhausting to set up. Best of luck on sales!
I was just thinking the other day about how I’m begining to have artwork that ranges from $50-$3,000…(my jewelry being on the lower end, wall pieces the high end).
Does this work well for you?
-Jenny

Lisa Call April 7, 2013 at 8:34 am

Jenny – Yes – I really like having a wide range of pricing in my worth. I’m constantly learning how to better market it at those different price points.

Mary Ahern - Artist February 20, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Being an Artist who has done many Shows & Festivals, I applaud the thorough job you’ve done in preparing and staging this entire project. The final results on the show floor are a tribute to great preparation and vision.

Now it’s time to rake in the Big Bucks! Congrats.
…mary

Deirdre February 20, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Lisa – the setup and your work look GREAT! All the best! The food sounded pretty good too!
:-D eirdre

laetitia February 20, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Wow! Best of luck with your sales and networking. Love your colourful booth.

Nancy G Cook February 20, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Lisa, the booth, and more importantly your work looks great. And the wonderful spread of price points is great. Look forward to hearing about your success at the show. Nancy

Janet M February 21, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Your booth looks really good and I hope that you have lots of sales.

Lisa Call April 7, 2013 at 8:35 am

Thank you all for the wonderfully kind words while I was in Baltimore. Responding to blog comments did fall by the wayside while I was there and I’m just getting back on track.

I much appreciate all the support!