My Textile Paintings on Amazon Art

by Lisa Call on August 9, 2013

in About Me

screenshot of Lisa Call's artwork on amazon art
Textile Paintings on Amazon Art

Amazon Art

A few days ago Amazon announced that they were entering a new market and are now selling fine art.

My gallery was one of the 150 galleries invited to participate in the initial launch and as a result my artwork is now available on amazon.

I’m most grateful to Bluestone Fine Art Gallery and all of their hard work over the last 2 years that made this possible.

Please checkout my artwork on amazon and I’d love to hear what you think of the venture.

My New Bio

In honor of the Amazon roll out, I’ve revamped my bio. It still needs a bit of refinement but here is my current version:

Lisa Call’s presence in the fine art world is as bold as her highly coveted textile paintings.

Not only has Lisa carved a prominent niche for her contemporary textile paintings in the traditional fine art world, she has also blazed her own trail on the internet, generating higher traffic volumes to her website in a week than most artists see in a year. At a time when many art businesses were wondering how to leverage the power of the internet, Lisa Call, a self-described geek, had already found the answer.

It’s not surprising that this southwestern based artist is walking the line between these seemingly separate worlds as her artwork does just that. Her textile paintings elevate a time honored traditional craft form to fine art levels. The geometric designs of her textile paintings are drenched in the colors of the southwest, while bringing meaning to pattern, structure and our innate human desire for connection.

The response to Lisa’s vision has been global. Her work has been featured in countless museum exhibits including Danforth Museum of Art in Massachusetts, The Mint Museum of Craft + Design in North Carolina and The Atlantic Center in Florida. Her work is included in numerous public and private collections, including the University Hospitals in Cleveland and the University of Pennsylvania, and was three times juried into Quilt National.

Publications have also discovered Lisa Call, featuring her work on their covers and in their pages – including Surface Design Journal, Fiber Arts Magazine and she will be included in a soon to be published biography of noteworthy textile artists. Lisa, always looking for new experiences has recently taken on the role of both juror and curator of several successful exhibits.

Lisa Call lives in Denver, CO.

Maggie Winnall August 10, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Lisa, your bio sounds fine to me as it is! Good luck with Amazon!

Lisa Call August 14, 2013 at 6:48 am

Maggie – thank you for the feedback – much appreciated!

Hilary Metcalf August 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Lisa – I LOVE this bio. Why? It oozes confidence about your abilities as an artist, and about the art you make. Not cockiness or arrogance – but real confidence based on well grounded self belief. I hope one day I can feel this confident about my art – and what a blessed relief from people who actually apologise for their work. I was shocked recently to hear a quilter, who when congratulated on winning best of show proceeded to declaim on why her quilt should NOT have won. How sad.

Lisa Call August 14, 2013 at 6:49 am

Hilary,

Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback. Confidence is indeed important. Our mindsets are super important as artists!

wholly jeanne (aka jeanne hewell-chambers) August 11, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Congratulations on having your work in Amazon’s Fine Art! That’s fantastic. I have long admired your realistic, methodical approach to creating your art. I’m so glad our paths crossed last summer. Made the whole trip worthwhile.

Lisa Call August 14, 2013 at 6:49 am

Thanks Jeanne! I agree – meeting you was a bright spot in 2012.

Nancy Eichenberger August 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Congratulations, that is wonderful. Great bio.

Lisa Call August 28, 2013 at 10:56 am

Thank you Nancy! I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Gloria Hansen August 27, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Lisa, wow, mega congratulations. VERY well deserved! And, the bio is excellent!

Lisa Call August 28, 2013 at 10:57 am

Gloria,

Thank you :):) Big smiles here – I really appreciate your support!

PS I recommend your book all the time to my students – it’s THE perfect book for learning how to manipulate digital photos.